Monday 8 August 2011

Taylor Lautner's Abduction


Never underestimate what Twilight can do for a career: Taylor Lautner is adding yet another project to his growing list of upcoming movies. This time around, he's playing a guy who realizes that something sketchy is going on when he discovers his baby photo on a missing persons website. Sounds a whole lot like The Face on the Milk Carton, but everything old is new again in Hollywood, right?

The movie is called Abduction and has already been picked up by Lionsgate after an extensive bidding war. Lautner's going to be quite the busy man: he's also got two more Twilight films to make, plus Stretch Armstrong, Cancun, not to mention a bunch of others that he's rumored to star in.

I'm not surprised that studios are eager to snatch up any chance to capitalize on Twilight's huge fan base, but I'm curious about how Lautner will find the time to star in so many movies (and keep up the bulk required for Breaking Dawn). The real question is whether or not the world will have found a new franchise to worship by the time Lautner makes his way through his long list of films.

If Taylor Lautner's insurance premium starts to rise, he has no one to blame but himself.

But it's all good because, Tthe Twilight star is proud to say he did most of his own stunt work in the upcoming action thriller, Abduction.

"The insurance company was freaking out during the whole movie, because every single day, my first question would be, 'I'm doing all my own stunts, right?" he told me yesterday at the Teen Choice Awards. "And ninety-nine percent of the time the answer was, yes."

In the John Singleton-directed flick (out Sept. 23) and also costarring Kristen Stewart's Snow White competition Lily Collins, Lautner plays a man on a quest to find out who he really is after finding his childhood photo on a missing persons website.

Fortunately, there were no serious accidents to report. "There were some bumps and bruises. Like in the trailer, the big thing is I slide down this huge glass awning to an escalator, and I actually did that myself," he said. "So, yeah, I got a few bruises but nothing too bad."

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad he did his own stunts. It makes the movie more believable. Although I can see why the insurance companies would be freaking out lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...