Tuesday 26 July 2011

Justin Timberlake In Gay Wedding


Justin Randall Timberlake is an American pop musician and actor. He has won six Grammy Awards as well as two Emmy Awards.


While it may be some time before Justin releases a new album, could performing at a gay wedding be in his more immediate future?

Sure, it would probably take a boatload of money to book him for the same-sex gig, but...

The former boy-band crooner is totally in sync with New York becoming the latest state to legalize gay marriage.

"I was stoked that that happened," Timberlake tells writer Jeremy Kinser in gay magazine The Advocate. "I think it's just...we're people and we're different, all of us. And we should be using our differences to bring ourselves closer together. You know? Not be afraid of something that we don't know."

In other words, Timberlake may be straight, but he's certainly not narrow. "I have a lot of guy friends who are gay," he said. "Two of my best friends are a couple, and my conversation with them is, like, it's unfortunate that things take a while to progress like this, but it was a great great victory for equality. I'm proud New York has the balls to stand up for what's right."

He also said of his same-sex loving pals, "I'm a straight male who has male friends who are gay. We don't have any problem communicating. We don't have any problem being two guy friends regardless of our difference in sexual orientation."

Timberlake's Friends With Benefits costar Mila Kunis says growing up in Hollywood helped make her a longtime supporter of gay rights. "I think a lot of things are moving the right direction," she said.

"And I truly believe that in my lifetime gay marriage will be legalized [everywhere in this country]. I do. Like, federally legal...I don't think it's going to be tomorrow. It's unfortunate that it's not, but if things keep moving in the direction that they are now, in 10, 20 years, yeah, I believe it will be federally legal."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...